The regulatory context
The inspection procedure
- Documentary (inspection of files, communication sheets, manufacturer certificates)
- Tests or inspection on the vehicle and/or sub-assemblies
- Verification of the qualification of all involved (on-site inspections, assessment of the quality system)
Inspections cover in particular:
- Weights and dimensions
- Electrical equipment
- Telecommunication equipment
- Medical equipment (stretcher)
- Attachment of the equipment
With regard to red ambulances or Casualty Rescue and Assistance Vehicles (VSAV), UTAC carries out the following inspections relative to the Fire Brigade Equipment NF certification standard on behalf of AFNOR Certification and the Fire Brigade Equipment NF mark, in addition to the tests for standard NF EN 1789: 2014, in particular:
- Tests according to appendix 14 of the Fire Brigade Equipment NF 377 certification standard
- Acceptance or NF monitoring audits for industrialists manufacturing VSAV.
Once this work is finished we issue a report. This report certifies the vehicle's compliance or highlights any discrepancies with regard to the standard. These discrepancies must be brought into compliance in view of a new inspection (inspection of the vehicle or documents).
You will find the list of Fire Brigade Equipment NF certified products on the NF mark website (www.marque-nf.com)